In India, whenever anyone thinks to set up a business with a small investment, mineral water plant comes to mind. Water always remains the most precious substance that a living being needs to stay alive and active. Now, if we think by a young entrepreneur’s mind, then the business has many opportunities. Corporate people and families who give importance to health always drink mineral water and hence looking at the population once can earn enough and take it from small to large scale as well.
In India, one can establish a mineral water plant setup if with a proper plan and a bit of patience. The installation is one in two ways – evaluating the cost and setting up the plant.
By the end, you will have a fair idea of setting up the plant and a good estimate of the cost.
Here we go!
Part 1 – Evaluating the Setup
* Very first, water is the source of your business, and so there should be enough of it. Consider a land that provides you with enough water such as if there is any bore well nearby.
* You can consider TDS as a second factor, and you can move further on purchasing the land if it has a satisfactory level of TDS.
* Next, you can establish the water plant on the land that is near to a water resource and has a right amount of TDS. 5,000 sq ft will be pretty good for beginners to get started.
* Get a no objection certificate or NOC certificate from the local government of the town so you will not face any real estate issues in future.
* Once you get the NOC and an approved building plan for the water plant, it is time to visit the electricity department.
* Once all these aspects are ready, it is time to call the civil engineer. Discuss the mineral water plant project with your RO plant vendor and engineer. Employ the required team such as an engineer, a microbiologist, and other members.
* The next few months, you will be handling the construction work. This stage is about opting the building’s structure along with the biological and a chemical lab.
Part 2 – Evaluating the Cost
Next part is about evaluating the mineral water plant project cost. Well, the pricing system depends on some factors here-
* The first aspect is LPH or Liters per Hour, for small-scale business, you may start with 3000 LPH. By the time, when you start getting profit, you may increase the plant’s capacity for 5,000 LPH or more.
* Another cost factor is the number of employees you hire and the tools and resources you use. The possible resources can be:
* Treatment Tanks
* Activated Carbon filter
* Reverse Osmosis Plant
* Chlorination tanks made of S. Steel
* Sand filter
* Micron filters
* Ultraviolet disinfection system, etc.
* If you need automatic water filling system or manual.
Mineral water plant setup can be a fantastic business strategy in India, and the factors mentioned above will help you with that. Set up depends on your preferences and how small or big filter plant you need. The cost comes later based on the choices you make in the setup part.